The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is EU-wide legislation that came into effect 25th May 2018, and will better protect everyone's online data - (we're all about safety, albeit boot-safety, so we understand the need for tighter regulation). More information on the new regulation can be found here:- General Data Protection Regulation.
Our GDPR Compliance Statement
We place a high importance on information security and are committed to GDPR compliance.
Our GDPR preparation started in 2017 and as part of the process we reviewed, and updated where necessary, our internal processes, procedures, systems and documentation to ensure that we were ready when GDPR came into force on 25th May 2018.
Our GDPR Principles
GDPR outlines six principles that businesses need to follow when processing personal data. In keeping with these principles, we will:
- Process all personal data fairly and lawfully.
- Only process personal data for specified and lawful purposes.
- Endeavour to hold relevant and accurate personal data, and where practical, we will keep it up to date.
- Will not keep personal data for longer than is necessary.
- Keep all personal data secure.
- Endeavour to ensure that personal data is not transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area without adequate protection.
Our GDPR Actions
Since 2017 we have been working on a number of actions to prepare ourselves for the GDPR and we have employed expertise to aid our compliance.
A summary of our action plan is as follows:
- We have undertaken a comprehensive data mapping of the personal data we store, manage, maintain, collect, process and control.
- All third parties whose systems we use have been contacted and asked to show their commitment and intention to comply with GDPR.
- We have updated our terms and conditions to reflect the requirements of GDPR.
- We have enhanced security procedures and solutions, and will continue to implement solutions as appropriate.
- We will continue to provide training to our employees and generally raise awareness of the importance of GDPR within our business.
Our Ongoing Compliance
We will continually look at ways of improving our systems and procedures to better comply with GDPR.
Last updated: 29/04/18
Our customers and suppliers
Should you hold information about V12 Footwear Ltd or our employees for the purposes of trading with us, we are happy for you to retain this information.